- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 35 mins
- 6-8 servings
Bill Bailey's Tri-Tip Foil Packets with Herb Butter. Melt in your mouth Tri-Tip with perfected roasted potatoes and veggies in a garlic herb butter. This amazingly easy meal is perfect for a weekday dinner, or take it outside to the backyard grill or your next camping trip.
- 4 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 Bill Bailey's Finest Steakhouse Tri-Tip Roast, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 1 lb small red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- For the Garlic Herb Butter
- 4 Tbs fresh parsley leaves
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 C unsalted butter, at room temperature
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large sauté pan and add the cubes of Tri-Tip Sear until golden brown on all sides. If needed, work in two batches.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl combine the potatoes, carrots, bell peppers and red onion. Add the remaining olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and toss well.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Place 6 18x12-inch pieces of heavy aluminum foil on the countertop. Evenly place the vegetable mixture in the center of each piece of foil. Top the vegetables with seared cubes of Tri-Tip.
- To make the garlic herb butter, combine the parsley, garlic, rosemary and thyme in a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped. Add the softened butter, season with salt and pepper and pulse to blend. Divide the butter evenly on top of the Tri-Tip cubes in each packet. Double fold the top and ends of each foil packet, leaving space for steam to gather.
- Bake the foil packets for 25 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Carefully open the packets, allowing the steam to escape. Serve.