- Prep Time: 4 hrs
- Cook Time: 2 hrs
- 30 strips
Bill Bailey's Tri-Tip Beef Jerky. Get ready to have a new favorite snack! Start with Bill Bailey's pre-seasoned Tri-Tip as the base, then add another layer of heat and sweet for the most delicious jerky ever.
- 1 Bill Bailey's Santa Maria Style Tri-Tip Roast, sliced thinly into strips
- 4 Tbs soy sauce
- 4 Tbs ketchup
- 1/4 C dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sriracha
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Combine the soy sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, pepper and sriracha in a large resealable bag. Seal the bag and shake to blend. Add the thinly sliced Tri-Tip and marinate at least 4 hours and up to overnight.
- Remove the Tri-Tip strips from the marinade and place on paper towels. Pat the Tri-Tip dry. Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with foil and place baking racks on the pans. Lay the strips of Tri-Tip in a single layer across the baking racks. Wash hands with soap and water after handling uncooked Tri-Tip.
- Preheat over to 200°F. Dry the Tri-Tip strips in the oven for 2 to 3 hours or until dry, but still pliable.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry location. Consume within 2 weeks or freeze.