- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- 4 servings
Bill Bailey's Spicy Smoky Sweet Pollo Asado Sub with Sweet Potato Fries. This is one hero of a sandwich, made easy with pre-seasoned Pollo Asado, lettuce, onion, tomato and the zing of gochujang chile paste.
- For the Sweet Potato Fries
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- For the Sandwich
- 2 lb Bill Bailey's Pollo Asado
- 1 C mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Korean Gochujang Chile Paste
- 4 sandwich rolls
- 2 C baby arugula
- 4 thin slices red onion
- 4 slices beefsteak tomato
- Preheat your oven to 425ºF. In a large mixing bowl combine the sweet potatoes, olive oil and smoked paprika. Season with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast until golden brown and tender, tossing once during cooking, about 20 minutes.
- Preheat your BBQ to high heat and grill the Pollo Asado for about 5 to 7 minutes, turning every 2 to 3 minutes or until cooked through to 165ºF internal temperature. Loosely cover with foil and allow to rest for 3 to 5 minutes before slicing.
- To make the sauce, in a mixing bowl combine the mayonnaise and Gochujang and whisk to blend well.
- To assemble the sandwich, lightly toast the sandwich rolls and liberally spread top and bottom with the sauce. Top the bottom bun with a handful of arugula, a slice of onion and a slice of tomato. Top with Pollo Asado. Serve the sandwiches with the Sweet Potato Fries.