- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- 4-6 servings
Bill Bailey's Pollo Asado Fajitas with Caramelized Onions & Bell Peppers and Blistered Jalapeños. Fajitas may be the best DIY food ever. Perfectly seasoned Pollo Asado plus grilled veggies adds depth of flavor to a meal that is surprisingly easy.
- 2 lb Bill Bailey's Pollo Asado
- 4 jalapeño peppers
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 large sweet yellow onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 C Pico de Gallo or your favorite salsa
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Tortillas, warmed
- Preheat your BBQ to high heat.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the onions and cook until caramelized and charred, stirring often, about 10 minutes. Add the red and yellow bell peppers, season the mixture with salt and pepper, and cook for 5 minutes more, tossing often.
- Grill the Pollo Asado for about 5 to 7 minutes, turning every 2 to 3 minutes or until cooked through to 165ºF internal temperature. Place the jalapeños on the grill, while cooking the chicken, and turn often until blistered and charred.
- Slice the grilled Pollo Asado and set it out along with the onion/pepper mixture, salsa, sliced avocados and charred jalapeños and offer tortillas for a do-it-yourself Fajita Bar.