- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Cook Time: 7 hrs
- 10-12 servings
Bill Bailey's Horseradish Crusted Corned Beef and Cabbage Dinner. Traditional Corned Beef with a scrumptious addition of a flavorful crust. Your family and friends will applaud the combination of tender, perfectly seasoned Corned beef topped with a crisp horseradish and bread crumb crust. Round it out with cabbage and potatoes for a classic dinner anytime.
- 1 3.5-4.5 lb Bill Bailey's Corned Beef Brisket
- 16 C water
- 2 C yellow onion, chopped
- 1 C celery, chopped
- 1 C carrots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 Tbs caraway seeds
- 1 2-1/2lb. head green cabbage, cored and cut into 1 inch strips
- 4 lb small red potatoes, quartered
- 2 Tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 tsp lemon rind, grated
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1/2 C dry breadcrumbs
- 5 oz prepared horseradish, drained and squeezed dry
- 3 Tbs Dijon mustard
- Remove Bill Bailey's Corned Beef Brisket from package and place in a large stockpot. Add water, onion, celery, carrots and garlic. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to simmer for about 90 minutes per pound.
- Remove brisket from pot, place on the rack of a broiler pan or roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Heat broiler. As the Corned Beef rests, strain cooking liquid from the pot into a large bowl (use 2 bowls if needed), discard solids. Return liquid to the pot, add cabbage and caraway seeds, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Drain.
- While cabbage is cooking, place potatoes in a large Dutch oven. Cover with water, bring to a boil. Cook 20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Return potatoes to pot, stir in butter, parsley, pepper, lemon rind and lemon juice. Toss to coat.
- Combine breadcrumbs and horseradish. Spread mustard over top side of the Corned Beef Brisket. Press breadcrumb mixture into mustard to form a crust. Broil 3 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Serve brisket with cabbage and potatoes.