Hawaiian Fusion Fajita Bowl
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- 6 servings
Bill Bailey's Hawaiian Fusion Beef Flank Steak Fajita Bowl. Enjoy a taste of the islands in a quick and delicious fajita bowl. We've adapted this recipe from beefitswhatsfordinner.com using our Hawaiian Fusion Beef Flank Steak. And since we've done the time-consuming work of marinating the steak with a delicious blend of pineapple, mango and brown sugar, you'll save hours while still getting all the aloha flavor you love. recipe image courtesy of beefitswhasfordinner.com
- 1 1/2 lb Bill Bailey's Hawaiian Fusion Beef Flank Steak
- 2 Tbs low sodium teriyaki sauce
- 1 1/2 Tbs pineapple juice
- 3 bell peppers, seeded and cut unto quarter
- 2 small red onion, sliced
- 3 C brown rice, cooked
- 6 Tbs unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 C canned Pineapple chunks or tidbits, drained
- 1/2 C green onion, diced
- 1/4 C red bell pepper, diced
- 3 Tbs jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 Tbs fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat gas grill to medium heat.
- Remove Bill Bailey's Hawaiian Fusion Beef Flank Steak from package. Spray bell peppers and onions lightly with cooking spray. Place steak in the center of the grill, arrange peppers and onions around the steak.
- Grill covered for 11 to 20 minutes, turning occasionally, depending upon doneness desired (145° medium rare, 160° medium) and peppers and onions are tender and slightly charred.
- While the steak is resting, divide rice between 6 bowls. Combine teriyaki sauce and pineapple juice in a small bowl and set aside. Carve steak across the grain and into thin slices. Place grilled vegetables and steak on top of rice and drizzle with teriyaki mixture. Top with pineapple salsa. Garnish with coconut flakes.
- Combine pineapple, green onion and peppers in a small bowl. Stir in vinegar, salt and cilantro. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.