- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- 4 servings
Bill Bailey's Corned Beef Hash with Poached Eggs and Chipotle Ketchup. Great for breakfast, brunch or even the very popular "breakfast for dinner." Once you've tried this tasty hash that is centered around leftover Bill Bailey's Corned Beef, you just may find yourself cooking Corned Beef a lot more often!
- For the Hash
- 1 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbs unsalted butter
- 2 C red-skinned potatoes, diced
- 2 C cooked Bill Bailey's Irish Brand Corned Beef Brisket, cubed
- 1/4 medium yellow onion, grated
- 1 Tbs whole-grain mustard
- 1 Tbs fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
- For the Poached Eggs
- 4 C water
- 1/4 C distilled white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 large eggs
- For the Chipotle Ketchup
- 1 C ketchup
- 1 Tbs adobo sauce from a can of Chipotles in Adobo Sauce
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 Tbs honey
- juice of 1 lime
- Combine the olive oil and butter in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the diced potatoes and cook, stirring often, for 10 minutes or until the potatoes turn golden. Add the Corned Beef and grated onion and continue to sauté, stirring often, until the potatoes are tender and the mixture is golden brown. Add the mustard and chopped parsley and stir to combine. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Meanwhile, to poach the eggs, combine the water, vinegar and salt in a sauce pot and bring to a gentle simmer. Crack an egg into a ramekin or small bowl. Use a spoon to stir the water to form a tornado effect, then carefully slide the egg into the hot water. Quickly repeat, poaching 4 eggs at a time. Turn the eggs occasionally with a spoon, until the whites are firm and the yolks are still soft, about 3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the eggs and transfer to a kitchen towel to remove any excess water. Repeat the process until all the eggs are cooked.
- To make the chipotle ketchup, combine the ingredients in a small mixing bowl and whisk to blend.
- Divide the Corned Beef Hash among the plates and top with poached eggs. Serve with Chipotle Ketchup.