- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 0 min
- 4 Sandwiches
Bill Bailey's Corned Beef Sandwiches with Homemade Russian Slaw. No Deli needed here! Enjoy a classic sandwich anytime when you start with our Bill Bailey's Cooked Corned Beef Round, pile it high on rye and add freshly homemade Russian Slaw. Now that's a sandwich.
- 1 Bill Bailey's Cooked Corned Beef Round
- 8 slices Jewish Rye bread, pumpernickel bread or marble rye bread
- 1 C mayonnaise
- 3 Tbs relish, drained
- 1 green onion, finely minced
- 2 tsp horseradish, drained
- 1/4 C ketchup
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 1/2 C green cabbage, shredded
- 1 C napa or savoy cabbage, shredded
- 2 green onions, finely minced
- 1 carrot, grated
Russian Slaw and Dressing
- Whisk mayonnaise, relish, 1 minced onion, horseradish, ketchup, vinegar, sugar, and Worcestershire sauce in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside half the dressing.
- Add cabbages, onions, and carrot. Toss to coat. Taste and season as needed with salt and pepper. Cover and keep in fridge until ready to use.
- If desired, warm Corned Beef according to package directions.
- Slice Corned Beef into thin slices (1/16 to 1/8 inch). On bottom bread lay about 4 oz. Corned Beef slices, top with spoonfuls of coleslaw and finish sandwich construction with remaining bread slices.
- Cut sandwiches in half and serve with extra Russian dressing. Serve immediately as bread will absorb the dressing in the coleslaw.