Corned Beef and White Cheddar Sliders with Guinness BBQ Sauce
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- 12 sliders
BILL BAILEY'S Corned Beef and White Cheddar Sliders with Guinness BBQ Sauce. We love our Corned Beef and we love sandwiches. But, these delectable corned beef and white cheddar sliders take it to a whole new level. The oozing cheese, the tender corned beef and the malted flavor from the Guinness BBQ sauce is a combination made in heaven. Our thanks to Chef Jamie Gwen for this fabulous recipe that will make you feel like you've got the luck of the Irish!
For the BBQ Sauce
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 small sweet yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 C molasses
- 1 C GUINNESS beer
- 1/3 C apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 C brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 8 oz tomato sauce
For the Sliders
- 2 lb Bill Bailey's Cooked Corned Beef Round with Juices
- 12 sweet Hawaiian slider rolls
- 1/2 lb aged white cheddar cheese, sliced
- cole slaw
Guinness BBQ Sauce
- Combine butter and olive oil in a saucepan. Add onion and sauté until tender and beginning to caramelize, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 2 minutes more, stirring constantly.
- Add molasses, beer, brown sugar, vinegar, salt, pepper and cayenne and bring to a boil. Turn down heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in tomato sauce and cook for 30 minutes more, stirring often.
- Preheat broiler to high heat.
- Heat the Bill Bailey’s Cooked Corned Beef in the microwave according to package directions and total weight. Let cool slightly, then slice in 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Spread the top and bottom of each slider bun with BBQ Sauce. Top with corned beef and slices of cheddar cheese. Place sliders (un-topped) underneath the broiler to melt the cheese.
- Finish the sliders with a spoonful of cole slaw and the top bun.