- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- 4-6 servings
Bill Bailey's Carne Asada Tacos with Cojita and Cilantro. Use this simple, delicious Carne Asada taco recipe as a starting point and experiment with your own add-ons and add-ins.
- 1 package Bill Bailey's Carne Asada
- 1/2 C cojita cheese, grated
- 2 limes
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 jar salsa verde
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Preheat your BBQ to high heat and grill the Carne Asada for about 8 minutes, turning every 2-3 minutes or until cooked through to an internal temperature of 145ºF. Allow to rest for a few minutes and then slice the Carne Asada into thin strips, cutting against the grain for added tenderness.
- In a heavy skillet, on the grill or stove, sauté onion in olive oil and garlic.
- Warm tortillas in a skillet or on the grill.
For each taco
- Lay a generous amount of Carne Asada on the tortilla, add onion and sprinkle cojita cheese, fresh cilantro, avocado and a squeeze of lime. Top with salsa verde.