- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- 8 servings
Bill Bailey's Carne Asada Burritos with Avocado Crema. Make an everyday beef, rice and bean burrito into a special event with this fun twist. Feel free to add some wasabi, if you wish!
- 2 lb Bill Bailey's Carne Asada
- Canola Oil
- 8 burrito-size tortillas
- 2 C Spanish Rice, cooked
- 1-1/2 C pinto beans, cooked
- 2 C Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- For the Avocado Crema
- 2 large avocados, pits removed and peeled
- 1-1/2 C Mexican Crema
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat your BBQ to high heat.
- While the BBQ is heating, make the Avocado Crema by combining the avocados, Mexican Crema, lime juice, cumin and salt and pepper in your blender. Blend until smooth. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Grill the Carne Asada for about 8 minutes, turning every 2-3 minutes or until cooked through to an internal temperature of 145ºF.
- Heat 1-inch of canola oil in a large high-sided skillet until shimmering. As the oil heats, place a tortilla on a work surface and spoon 3 tablespoons of the Spanish Rice down the center of the tortilla. Top with 2 tablespoons of the pinto beans. Top with a 1/4 cup of shredded cheese. Slice the Carne Asada against the grain for tenderness and place 1/2 cup of sliced meat on top of the cheese. Fold the sides of the tortilla in and roll the burrito tightly. Secure with toothpicks. Repeat using the remaining ingredients.
- Brown the burritos in the hot oil, turning to crisp all sides. Slice each burrito into five pieces and arrange on a plate sushi style. Serve the burritos with the Avocado Crema, garnished with chopped cilantro.