Asian-Inspired Tri-Tip and Broccoli Stir-Fry with Broccoli Rice
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- 4-6 servings
Bill Bailey's Asian-Inspired Tri-Tip and Broccoli Stir-Fry with Broccoli Rice. A simple dish full of fabulous flavor, this stir-fry is low-carb and truly scrumptious. So versatile, it also works with leftover Tri-Tip.
- 2 heads broccoli
- 1-1 1/2 lb Bill Bailey's Finest Steakhouse Tri-Tip Roast, cut into thin slices
- 2 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 C oyster sauce
- 1/4 C beef broth
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Gently rub broccoli heads under cold running water. Trim the stem end of the broccoli, cut the heads into florets. Place half of the florets into a food processor and pulse until "broccoli rice" forms.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the oyster sauce, beef broth, sugar, sesame oil and soy sauce. Season with freshly ground pepper. In another small bowl, mix the cornstarch with 1 tablespoon cold water.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large sauté pan over high heat. Add the broccoli rice and sauté for 2 minutes, tossing often. Keep warm.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large sauté pan or wok over high heat. Add the broccoli florets and cook for 3 minutes or until crisp tender. Add the ginger and garlic to the pan and cook for 30 seconds. Add the Tri-Tip and cook for 3 minutes, tossing often.
- Pour the oyster sauce mixture over the Tri-Tip and broccoli and bring to a simmer. Add the cornstarch slurry and cook for 1 minute or until the sauce has just started to thicken.
- Serve the stir-fry over the broccoli rice.