- Preheat smoker to 225° F and add wood chunks, chips or pellets to smoke according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove Bill Bailey’s Tri-Tip Roast from package and place in smoker for approximately 60 minutes.
- When Tri-Tip Roast is done smoking, carefully remove from the smoker and finish on a grill that has been prepared to medium-high heat or in a 350°F oven until Tri-Tip reaches 145°F internal temperature, approximately 8 to 10 minutes. This will add additional color and flavor to the Tri-Tip.
- Remove Tri-Tip from grill or oven and wrap in foil. Let rest for 15 minutes, this will continue the cooking process for another 5 degrees, making the cut extremely tender as the juices slowly redistribute into the meat.
- Slice against the grain for maximum tenderness.
Note: Cooking instructions are meant as guidelines only. Cook to recommended internal temperature guidelines and adjust cooking times if necessary for size and weight of products as appliances will vary. You may not achieve desired results due to these variables, therefore, while care has been taken to provide accurate cooking guidelines users are advised to use their discretion.