- Coat the inside of slow cooker pot with about 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Coat the inside of skillet with about 1 tablespoon of olive oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Remove Bill Bailey’s Tri-Tip Roast from package and place in heated skillet, about 5 minutes per side allowing the Tri-Tip Roast to brown. During last 5 minutes of browning, add a cup of diced onion.
- Transfer Tri-Tip Roast to slow cooker, reserving onion in the skillet. Add water or broth to cover onion. Add two cloves minced garlic, cook and stir until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Pour mixture over Tri-Tip Roast.
- Cook on high until Tri-Tip Roast is cooked through and tender, about 4 hours depending upon size of the Tri-Tip Roast.
- Remove from slow cooker, place on cutting board, cover loosely with foil and allow the Tri-Tip Roast to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice against the gain for maximum tenderness. Serve with juices from the slow cooker, if desired.
Note: Cooking instructions are meant as guidelines only. Cook to recommended internal temperature guidelines and adjust cooking times if necessary for size and weight of products as appliances will vary. You may not achieve desired results due to these variables, therefore, while care has been taken to provide accurate cooking guidelines users are advised to use their discretion.