Skip to content
- Preheat smoker to 225° F and add wood chunks, chips or pellets to smoke according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Remove Bill Bailey’s Tri-Tip Roast from package and place in smoker for approximately 60 minutes.
- When Tri-Tip Roast is done smoking, carefully remove from the smoker and finish on a grill that has been prepared to medium-high heat or in a 350°F oven until Tri-Tip reaches 145°F internal temperature, approximately 8 to 10 minutes. This will add additional color and flavor to the Tri-Tip.
- Remove Tri-Tip from grill or oven and wrap in foil. Let rest for 15 minutes, this will continue the cooking process for another 5 degrees, making the cut extremely tender as the juices slowly redistribute into the meat.
- Slice against the grain for maximum tenderness.