- Coat the inside of slow cooker pot with about 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Coat the inside of skillet with about 1 tablespoon of olive oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Remove Bill Bailey’s Tri-Tip Roast from package and place in heated skillet, about 5 minutes per side allowing the Tri-Tip Roast to brown. During last 5 minutes of browning, add a cup of diced onion.
- Transfer Tri-Tip Roast to slow cooker, reserving onion in the skillet. Add water or broth to cover onion. Add two cloves minced garlic, cook and stir until onion is tender, about 5 minutes. Pour mixture over Tri-Tip Roast.
- Cook on high until Tri-Tip Roast is cooked through and tender, about 4 hours depending upon size of the Tri-Tip Roast.
- Remove from slow cooker, place on cutting board, cover loosely with foil and allow the Tri-Tip Roast to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice against the gain for maximum tenderness. Serve with juices from the slow cooker, if desired.
Appliance: Slow Cooker
Corned Beef in a Slow Cooker
- Remove Bill Bailey’s Corned Beef from package, place in the slow cooker including any juices in the package.
- Cover with water.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low setting for 10 to 12 hours, until the Corned Beef can be easily pierced with a fork in the thickest part of the meat.
- Remove Corned Beef from slow cooker and place on cutting board. Remaining juices may be used to steam vegetables separately.
- To serve, cut across the grain into thin slices, and top with your favorite condiment.
Asada Style Meats in a Slow Cooker
- Remove Bill Bailey’s Carne Asada from package, lay in the bottom of slow cooker.
- Add water or other liquid* to just cover meat.
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours, or on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove from slow cooker, place on cutting board, cover loosely with foil and allow the Carne Asada to rest for a minimum of 3 minutes.
- Slice against the grain for maximum tenderness.
* Other liquid: use broth or marinade mixture of ¼ cup lime juice, 8 cloves crushed garlic, ½ cup orange juice, 1/2 cup fresh minced cilantro, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, ½ cup olive oil, 1 minced jalapeño, and 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar.