- Select “Sauté” to preheat Instand Pot.
- Remove Bill Bailey’s Tri-Tip Roast from package.
- When the word “Hot” appears on the Instant Pot display, add a swirl of olive oil, place Tri-Tip Roast in Instant Pot and sear until Tri-Tip Roast is brown on all sides. Deglaze the inner pot with beef or chicken stock.
- Close and lock lid. Select “Pressure Cook” or “Manual” and use + or – button to set timer to 45-50 minutes pressure cooking time (depending upon thickness of the Tri-Tip Roast.
- When time is up, open pressure cooker using the “Quick Release” (see instructions for your Instant Pot brand).
- Remove Tri-Tip Roast from Instant Pot, place on cutting board, cover with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice against the grain for maximum tenderness.
Optional: filter cooking liquid through a fine sieve, add a pat of butter, mix and drizzle over Tri-Tip Roast.